Family Baseball Time

Family Baseball Time

Monday, July 15, 2013

Ohio Trip

We just got home from our trip to Ohio. Wish we had more time to spend there, but we could only spend a few days up there. We left Virginia Wednesday afternoon and got to Ohio close to midnight. Once we got everything inside the condo that we were staying at with my parents, we were exhausted and ready for bed!

We didn't have any plans for Thursday. When we got up and ready we were going to go to an African Safari that was close, but we decided to go to Put-in-Bay instead. We took the Jet Express over to the island. It was a beautiful day to walk around! The last time we were there everything was closed because it was their offseason. This time everything was open and people were everywhere!! We went to Frosty's to eat lunch as soon as we got there. After Frosty's we took a walk around to see everything. We walked to the monument to go up to the top, but there was a 20-30 minute wait and there were some stairs to get up to the elevator so we decided not to go to the top. When we got off the Jet Express, the first thing the kids saw was the park so once we were done walking around we let them play at the park. Around 5:00 we got back on the Jet Express to head back to Port Clinton. We had dinner with the family and hung out with them the rest of the night.

Friday we took a trip to the Toledo Zoo with my family from GA and my mother's cousin. We got to the Zoo when it opened which was a good thing because as the day went on, it got hotter and hotter. I figured we were going to be there for about 2 hours at the most. There was so much to see there!! After about 4 hours at the Zoo we got to see everything. They do have an aquarium there but it was under construction at the time. The Zoo could easily be an all day event, which is complete opposite about our Zoo that usually only takes an hour and half to go through to see everything. After we left the Zoo, we went to Tony Packo's for lunch. We went to visit my mother's aunt at her home then it was time for a cookout at my family's house for my cousin's birthday's.

Saturday morning my parents took us to breakfast. We went to the Tin Goose Diner which was right next to the Port Clinton Airport (small planes). Ashton loved to look out and see the little planes on the runway. After breakfast we walked around the Liberty Aviation Museum. Since the main attraction wasn't inside the hangar because it was on it's way to New York for an Air Show, they didn't charge admission. Saturday was my cousin's high school graduation party! We went over to my aunt and uncles house for the party. It was a bunch of family hanging out having a good time!! We had chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, chips, pasta salad and cake pops!! We left around 9:00p.m. so we could go back to the condo to pack since we had to leave in the morning to go home. Since the kids didn't take a nap during the day because they were outside playing the whole time, they fell asleep on the way back to the condo and fell right back asleep when we laid them in their beds.

We had a fun time in Ohio!! Can't wait to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment