Family Baseball Time

Family Baseball Time

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Days

It's been quite a winter! I started a new job working as a Substitute Instructional Aide for Hampton & Newport News City Schools. I have worked with Pre-K and K students so far. I have been working recently at the kids school (just not in their classrooms). I absolutely love it! Funny thing is, I like working with the 4 year old better than the 5 year olds!

The kids have missed 7 days of school do to snow. We had about 5 inches of snow last Monday which cancelled school the rest of the week. They had a 2hr delay Monday and a full day Tuesday, then the snow started again. We were only suppose to get a dusting, but ended up getting about 2-3 inches! Schools were closed Wednesday. Thursday we were projected to get between 6-12" of snow so with that projected amount, they closed schools Thursday. Thursday morning we got up and had about 8" of snow! After lunch we went out and played in it since it was a nice soft snow. They haven't closed schools for Friday yet, but with all the snow still on the neighborhood roads, I'm pretty sure it will be cancelled. And I type this, schools just got cancelled!  Looks like we will have another snow day!
1st round of snow






2nd round of snow!















No comments:

Post a Comment